- To save an image of a map you’ve created, from the map view screen go to File > Save Image.
- Depending on your browser type, a .PNG file of your current map view will save to your downloads directory.
- Mac Safari users: Safari currently does not support the automatic generation and download of a .PNG file. To save an image of your map, you will have to take a screen shot. To do so, follow the Instructions for taking a screen shot on your Mac: below.
At present the ability to export a map as a .png or .jpg or other image format is not functioning. As a work-around until this issue is resolved, you can take a screen-shot of the image and save it to your computer. Instructions for taking a screen shot on your PC: Press the Print Screen button typically located in the upper right-hand corner of your keyboard to capture a screenshot of your entire display. Press Alt + Print Screen to capture a screenshot of the active window. The resulting image will be saved as a PNG file to your clipboard.
Instructions for taking a screen shot on your Mac:
- Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop.
- Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop.